• What: StackSocial powers digital commerce across the web with an online marketplace of over 200,000 active members. Our digital commerce platform provides web publishers a simple and effective way to generate additional revenue by organically weaving flash sales on relevant digital products & tech gear into the reader’s daily experience by channeling the StackSocial storefront directly into each publisher’s site.
• Where: Founded in 2011, StackSocial was accelerated at Amplify.LA and is now headquartered right across from the beach in soulful Venice, California.
• Why: We're changing the way web publishers engage and monetize their audiences. Publishers hold a captive, passionate fan base; yet most aren’t able to engage with their fans via ecommerce, email marketing, and site registration. StackSocial changes this by enabling publishers to offer sales on hand-picked, trending products.
• Who: We’re a team of entrepreneurs who previously worked at companies like Meebo, Klout, Yahoo!, PopSugar, and our own entrepreneurial ventures. We’re backed by a group of top-tier investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Siemer Ventures, Paige Craig, EchoVC, and others.
What you’ll do:
• Lead. You will be in charge of cultivating a hacker/get-shit-done culture and making sure that it stays. You will be a cornerstone of our organization responsible for setting strategic directions for the engineering team by guiding technology decisions and developing tech talent.
• Architect. You will determine the long-term architecture of our platform and be responsible for implementing the company’s product development vision. You have deep technical knowledge of Ruby on Rails/MySQL and scaling an app to millions of users.
• Hack. You should have a passion for clean code and be comfortable with test-driven development, quick turnarounds, rapid deployments, and quickly responding to surges. You love to code and solve complex problems.
• Got Mad Skillz. You have scaled apps to be able to efficiently handle millions of actions per month. You have first hand experience deploying and scaling multiple servers using one or more of the following: Capistrano, Chef, EC2. You have the ability to analyze inefficiencies in server/application using tools like Nagios & New Relic and implement more efficient/elegant solutions.
• Know the Tools. You’re not afraid of MySQL replication & optimization, RESTful JSON APIs, eCommerce APIs, HAML/SASS, Memcache, Delayed Job/Resque, Redis, Sphinx, OAuth2, Git and test-driven development. You’ve worked with Heroku.
• The 1:10 Engineer. You go above and beyond because hacking is a part of who you are. You acknowledge that there’s a time for everything and aren't dogmatic about any one methodology: You realize there's a time for being lean, agile and user-centered, but also a time for trusting your intuition, vision and heart.
• Experience developing for large-scale ecommerce (integrated shopping cart, PayPal API, etc).
• Experience bringing a SaaS mail system in-house.
Benefits + Perks:
• Salary + Bonus: Competitive base + potential bonus based on experience and performance.
• Equity: Generous equity stake for the right candidate.
• Dream Setup: Whatever equipment you need to be at your best, up to $3000.
• Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
• Free Food/Drinks: We’ll stock the cabinets and the fridge for you.
• Hack Days: Two days per quarter to work on any Company-related project you want.
• Location: Our office is across from the Beach…take a jog to clear your mind!
• Send an email and cover letter to email@example.com with links to all applicable pages that you have (i.e. your portfolio, blog, LinkedIn, twitter, etc.).