Who We Are:
Since 2011, we've built a profitable startup funded by top investors including 500 Startups, Draper Associates, Siemer Ventures, Amplify, and other top investors. We're crazy passionate about helping geeks and tech lovers discover innovative apps, games, software and gadgets.
We've created a leading platform for digital app (web, software, content) distribution, awareness, and engagement. We do this by building white-labeled e-commerce stores for tech-focused publishers (like VentureBeat and AOL) and curating the very best relevant digital & tech products to offer across our sites.
Our publisher network reaches and helps 30 million tech enthusiasts discover and buy innovative and trending products. Our vendor partners get the focused distribution they need, as well as editorial and advertising coverage on all these blogs.
What you’ll do:
StackSocial is looking for an experienced online marketing guru. This person must be data-driven and possess growth hacking capabilities.
• Develop and execute an online marketing strategy and plan that rapidly and cost-effectively grows StackSocial revenue
• “Growth hack” through data-driven decisions and optimization
• Create an integrated program that leverages all online channels to drive user growth
• Effectively and efficiently manage and optimize all online channels including but not limited to SEM/SEO, display ad programs, retargeting, email marketing, social media, mobile, content strategy
• Maximize existing channels while identifying and responsibly testing prospective channels, partners and campaigns
• Growth hacking initiatives (i.e. cart abandonment emails, a/b testing splash pages, bounce exchange, etc.)
• Collaborate with Product and Operations teams to discover new opportunities and develop integrated marketing programs
• Identify and measure key performance metrics of various programs to maximize effectiveness
• Manage email marketing (list development and management, campaign development and implementation, content strategy, contact strategy, and promotional calendar)
• Creatte segmentation strategy for email that maximizes life cycle of customers and grow email database
• Oversee all online marketing budget, ROI justification for user growth via CLV
• Drive each customer to an optimal CLV - applying an understanding of customers' acquisition channel, prior purchases, clicks and views, and demographic information
• Participate in defining the StackSocial brand, including the establishment of underlying brand principles, core customer needs, and the articulation of the brand's value proposition; be a strong advocate to sustain the brand's integrity
• 5+ years experience in digital marketing and/or growth hacking
• Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute - from copy writing to analysis
• Experience implementing and optimizing email campaigns, working closely with design, marketing and/or product teams
• Experience and understanding of both web-based and mobile businesses
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
• An entrepreneurial spirit and drive with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic organization. Also, strong bias for action and getting things done, both individually and with teams; must be highly organized, even in a rapidly evolving environment
• Excellent communication and project management skills
• Ability to lead as well as work within a cross-functional team; ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners
• Knowledge of the tech, software, and ecomm industries
• Expertise in database marketing with experience managing and tracking online marketing programs
Benefits + Perks:
• Salary + Bonus: Competitive base + potential bonus based on experience and performance.
• Equity: Generous equity stake for the right candidate.
• Health Insurance: Premium 100%-paid company-sponsored health insurance plan.
• Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
• Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
• Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
• Hack Days: Two days per quarter to work on any Company-related project you want.
• Location: Our office is on the beach…take a jog to clear your mind!
Send an email and cover letter to email@example.com with links to all applicable pages that you have (i.e. your portfolio, blog, LinkedIn, twitter, etc.).